Updated: Jun 28, 2020
Significance of SUMMER SOLSTICE
- It’s the time to celebrate the light.
- Midsummer, or Litha, is the shortest night of the year, and it signals a return to the darkness as autumn approaches.
- Crops are planted and nature has reached her natural fullness.
- This joyous time reminds us to live in the moment in gratitude for the Earth’s abundance.
Significance of SUN SALUTATION:
- A sequence of yoga poses strung together in a consistent movement; typically in Vinyasa yoga (means linking breath with motion in a continuous flow).
- Physically challenging and excellent workout for cardiovascular system.
- Referred to as “Surya Namaskar” (Sanskrit).
- Traditionally practiced to usher in a new day, hence the name.
Significance of #108:
108 is sacred and significant in many ways; and appears in a variety of disciplines from astronomy to mathematics to sports to yoga. - 108 Upanishads
- 108 Tantras - Numerology: 108 equals 9, which symbolizes universal love, eternity, and awakening
- Ayurveda: 108 sacred points on the body
- Astronomy: distance between Sun & Earth is roughly 108 times the Sun’s diameter
- Malas and Rosary necklaces have 108 beads, used to count during prayers / meditations
- 108 stitches on a baseball
WHAT: Moving Meditation (108 Sun Salutations)
WHEN: Saturday, June 20, 2020 @ 7PM
WHY: Celebrate Summer Solstice
WHERE: Central Park Water Park (SE Hill)
GRATUITY: By Donation / Dads' Attend Free
** Note: ALL donations received will be contributed to a local family of 5 who lost their home to fire 🔥 on June 13.